The Other Side Tribe Boutique
Benefits Facial Beauty Stone
1. Encourages Lymphatic Drainage
The most well-known benefit is that it helps to reduce dark under-eye circles, puffiness from fatigue and inflammation in the face due to stagnation of the lymphatic system.
When performing the facial massage, you will push the fluids built up in the face out towards the lymph nodes.
This will encourage the lymphatic system’s natural detoxification process.
Bye bye, puffy eyes!
I have noticed that it lifts and plumps the skin instantly. Awesome, isn't it!
2. Softens Tensed Facial Muscles & Prevents Sagging Skin
Your facial muscles (especially those in the brow area) store a lot of tension.
Massaging them with a Beauty stone can relieve that tension by running it along your brows and jawline.
The Beauty stone surface is super smooth and allows you to access into muscles and tissues with a gentle pressure.
Doing this regularly prevents skin sagging and improves the skin’s elasticity.
Not only will this look make your skin tighter and firmer but it will diminish fine lines in the long run.
3. Boosts blood flow & circulation
When performed on the face, the gentle pressure also promotes blood flow and circulation, which is a major contributor to brighter complexion and youthful look.
Better blood circulation helps with collagen production which in the long run can reduce the appearance of fine lines.
HOW TO USE THE BEAUTY STONE:
Apply your oil blend or serum before doing a Beauty stone regimen – it is a significant step to get those smooth motions right, and to prevent appearance of bruises. Plus the massage motions will help your skin 'drink' and absorb your skin care products.
You can split your face in half using your nose as the divider and work on one side at a time to make sure you are not missing anything.
It’s all about directionality
A rule of thumb is to always scrape gently and to do it only UPWARDS and OUTWARDS.
Moreover, you will never be wanting to scrape back and forth just because this can cause some unwanted pulling.
If it hurts, you’re doing it too hard. The pressure should be gentle, yet firm, enough to reduce swelling, but not enough to cause pain.
Start from the neck. Move to the chin. Continue with the cheeks.Remember to work the Beauty Stone only upwards and outwards. When you reach the under-eye area be very gentle, light and slow.
Move to the brow area and the third eye (that's my favorite part). Finish with upper forehead. And repeat the second side of the face.
Here is how you do it step-by-step:
(Starting with the right side)
1. Neck: With the large inner curve towards the neck, work the tool upward towards your chin – 5-10x
2. Under the chin: Use the large inner curve to sweep from the middle of the soft under-chin (where a double chin would show up) out to the bottom of your earlobe. 5-6x
3. Jawline: Using the small inward curved section, from the middle of the chin, under the lower lip, sweep out to the earlobe. 5-6x
4. Cheeks: Using the small outward curved section, sweep from the corner of the nose out to the middle of the ear 5-6x. Switch to the big outward curved section and starting from the corner of the lips, sweep under the cheek bone towards the earlobe. 5-6
5. Under-eye: Be especially light and slow here. With the small outward curved section of the tool, starting from the under-eye area, where "eye bags" would show up, sweep out towards the temple, all the way to the hairline - 5-6x
6. Brow area: Using the small outward curved section, sweep from the inner corner of the brow out to temple. Avoid any pressure on the eye or eyelid itself and stay on the brow bone. 5-6x
7. Third eye (lower forehead): Use the large inner curve. Stroke from center of eyebrows up to hairline. This one is especially relaxing for the nervous system and great for insomnia and migraine, so do more strokes if it speaks to you! 5-10x
8. Upper forehead: With the large inner curve, starting from the center of the upper forehead, trace down the hairline, over the temple, then curve behind the ear, and down the side of the neck. 5-6x
9. Repeat the whole routine on the left side! The reason we start from the neck is to get all that drainage moving on. By moving up towards the forehead, we make sure that the fluids don't get stuck, but instead flow through your body.
If we were to start on the forehead, all the fluids that we are releasing would have nowhere to go.